Come join us and make a difference in the world!
Discover more at www.necsws.com
What you will be doing:
As a Lead DevOps Engineer with NECSWS you will be joining a highly skilled and proficient team that works on mission critical applications contributing to all phases of the DevOps and development process. As a Lead Engineer you will have line management responsibilty for a small number of team memebers.
You will have the ability to manage and maintain the infrastructure supporting large scale public infrastructure helping to secure and maintain high levels of availability and integrity.
• Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Design and implement secure and scalable infrastructure using Terraform. Automate the provisioning and management of AWS resources.
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Utilise Circle CI to set up pipelines for automated testing and deployment. Ensure smooth and frequent releases.
• Version Control: Manage code and infrastructure changes using GitHub. Implement branching strategies and ensure code quality.
• Monitoring and Performance: Implement monitoring solutions to track performance, uptime, and resource usage. Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Additional Responsibilities
• Collaboration and Documentation: Work closely with development teams to understand needs and provide DevOps solutions. Document processes and systems.
• Security and Compliance: Ensure that all infrastructure and applications meet security standards and comply with relevant regulations. Regularly review and update policies.
• Optimisation and Scalability: Continuously evaluate and optimize system performance. Ensure scalability to handle growth and peak demand.
• Research and Development: Stay updated with the latest technologies and trends in DevOps, cloud infrastructure, and automation. Suggest and implement improvements.
Who Are You?
• Experienced DevOps Engineer: You have proven experience with AWS, Terraform, Circle CI, and GitHub. You understand the intricacies of CI/CD, IaC, and version control..
• Problem Solver: You possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills. You’re adept at diagnosing and resolving complex issues.
• Communicator and Collaborator: Excellent communication skills enable you to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. You understand the importance of documentation and clear processes.
• Learner and Innovator: You’re passionate about staying up to date with the latest technological advancements and are eager to implement innovative solutions.
• Security-Conscious: You prioritise the security of infrastructure and applications. You’re knowledgeable about best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Efficient and Adaptable: You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities efficiently. Personal/Team Growth and Development
• Have experience leading a small team.
• Work with the Team Manager to identify training goals.
• Lead and partake in technical discussions within the team.
• Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training.
• Drive the team’s process of continual improvement. Personal attributes that will help you
• Problem solving – recognition of problems and recasting difficult-to-solve problems in order to find unique and innovative solutions.
• Inquisitiveness – digging into problems and solutions to understand the underlying technology.
• Autonomy – ability to work on a task and solve problems independently.
• Motivation – sets personal challenges and constantly looking to stretch themselves.
• Integrity – honest and transparent in dealing, open to voice and accept criticism, is trustworthy and builds credibility through actions.
• Detail focussed – pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects.
• Big picture aware – understands the scope and impact of a problem or solution
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
We are an employer who cares, we have a invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Originally posted on Himalayas
DevOps Lead, DevOps Manager, DevOps Engineering Manager, Senior DevOps Engineer, IT Team Lead