RRD is a leading global provider of marketing, packaging, print, and supply chain solutions that elevate engagement across the complete customer journey. The company offers the industry’s most trusted portfolio of creative execution and world-wide business process consulting, with services designed to lower environmental impact. With 22,000 clients, including 93% of the Fortune 100, and 32,000 employees across 28 countries, RRD brings the expertise, execution, and scale designed to transform customer touchpoints into meaningful moments of impact.
Serves as a business partner and advisor to the region, providing support and technical assistance in the administration of and compliance with federal, state, local, and company Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements. Recommends, develops, and implements programs that maintain safe and healthy working conditions. Promotes protection against accidents, illnesses, and injuries and assists in the communication and implementation of EHS procedures. Provides assistance in strategic planning, incident/crisis situation management, and subject matter expertise to the organization in various EHS program disciplines.
• Participate in the development of the company-wide strategy to support Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) goals and objectives.
• Manage EHS risk through proactive analysis and use of injury prevention tools.
• Partner with facilities to create and maintain written injury prevention plans as necessary to drive improvements.
• Ensure the impact of regulatory changes on the businesses are being managed at the facility and act as a resource for state-specific requirements.
• Participate in the acquisition, relocation, modification, closure, and decommissioning of any affected facility, including but not limited to facility/equipment review, chemical management, and regulatory interface.
• Ensure implementation of RR Donnelley’s EHS Management System.
• Assist with the development and administration of company-wide EHS initiatives, programs, and training as requested.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
• Provide direction, leadership, and prioritization of EHS objectives for designated territory/region.
• Support manufacturing locations in the designated territory to:
Mentor and develop EHS staff and facility EHS resources
Monitor & support implementation and sustainability of EHS programs, permitting, and environmental efforts
Developing injury prevention and compliance assurance plans
Review and assist in conducting incident investigations and identifying proper corrective action
Conduct audits and inspections, assisting in tracking corrective action plans and ensuring completion of outstanding items
Manage interaction with regulatory agencies
Support security and loss prevention, sustainability, business continuity, product safety, and quality management efforts as requested
Partner with Human Resources on Workers’ Compensation claims management as needed
Demonstrated ability to partner on Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) related items with multiple locations
Experience in a manufacturing environment
Solid client service and interpersonal skills with the ability to respond quickly, as needed, to unforeseen events
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in computer software applications
Occasional travel as needed to support facilities assigned in the region
Bachelor’s degree or six (6) years of equivalent experience in environmental safety, industrial hygiene specialty
A minimum of four (4) years of relevant environmental health & safety experience
The national pay range for this role is $80,300 to $166,500 / year. The pay range may be slightly lower or higher based on the geographic location of the hired employee. The actual pay offered may vary based upon, but not limited to: education, skills, experience, proficiency, performance, shift, and location. In addition to base salary, depending on the role, the total compensation package may also include participation in a bonus, commission or incentive program. RRD offers benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance and other voluntary supplemental insurance coverages, plus tuition assistance, maternity leave, adoption assistance, and employer/partner discounts.
Originally posted on Himalayas